Branding and Pattern Design
Michael Uselmann (Music Director)
• Design a logo/brand identity for a music director.
• Design should be a combination of both type and image.
• The logo should be a sleek, sophisticated and confident mark.
• Preferably no cliches used (music notes, piano keys, etc.) unless they can
be tastefully and professionally done.
• Looking for an overall clean and contemporary look and feel.
• Logo must work on a small scale for potential letterhead and business
• Artistic, organic and hand drawn feel
• Logo should be clean and warm.
• Graphic/logo should conduct a pattern.
The graphic shape is based off of a musical graph that depicts a conductors range of 4 hand motions. View musical graph here.
MU Quad Logo (full color)
MU Quad Logo (one color)
Three different patterns were created for this identity
Pattern A: Potentially used in envelopes
Pattern B: Potentially used in envelopes
Pattern C: Potentially used in envelopes
*EXTRA PROMO: For fun, I created an animation sequence compiled of the logo and patterns.